Touro Law Center
225 Eastview Drive/Room 404
Central Islip, NY 11722
Telephone: (631) 761-7060
Fax: (631) 761-7069
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Other hours by appointment
Federal financial aid – Stafford Loan, Graduate Plus Loans and Work-Study – is available to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and some eligible non-citizens. In fact, if qualified, you may receive federal loan funding to cover your entire “cost of attendance” comprising actual law school expenses, including tuition and fees, books, room and board (on or off campus), and travel.
For purposes of federal aid, all law students are considered “independent” regardless of age and/or whether still living with parents. In order to receive Federal Financial Assistance, each student must meet the general eligibility requirement outlined below:
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least
a half-time basis* as a regular student in an eligible program
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen with appropriate documentation
- Register with selective service, if required
- Have a valid Social security number
- Maintain satisfactory progress, as defined by the institution,
towards a degree
- Meet the requirements of Section 668.40 of the Title IV Higher Education Act of 1965 concerning conviction for sale and possession of illegal drugs
- Not be in default of a prior federal student loan
* Touro Law Center defines half-time enrollment to be at least 6 credits each term (summer, fall, spring).