PATCH & PATCH Programs
Project P.A.T.C.H. (Participatory Awareness Through Community Help) is a partnership between the Law Center, the Northport-East Northport School District, the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) Law Youth and Citizenship (LYC) program, and the New York State Education Department (SED). The purpose of LYC is to:
- Train teachers to use law-related education methodology;
- Develop and distribute law-related education materials for teachers;
- Involve attorneys and judges in educational programs, both in and out of the classroom; and
- Provide assistance to schools to teach students about the law and government and encourage active citizenship.
For more than 15 years, Touro Law has been working with the Northport-East Northport School District Project P.A.T.C.H. and has:
- Arranged for faculty members to teach in middle school and high school classes;
- Developed a library of age- and grade-appropriate law-related materials for use in high school classes;
- Created and hosted a virtual law library of cases and materials relevant to high school law courses on its website (including the text of the Constitution, selected United States Supreme Court opinions, summaries of major constitutional law cases, and a glossary of legal terms).
2019 Civic Education Summer Institutes
Long Island, June 27 & 28, July 1 & 2
Albany - July 15
Syracuse - July 16
Buffalo - July 17
Manhattan - July 18
Registration will be open soon. Please check back.
Questions? Please contact David Scott at 631-521-1773 or email email@example.com.