"With Liberty & Justice For All" Dinner Celebration
Since 1995, Touro Law Center has honored distinguished members of our community and alumni at our annual “With Liberty & Justice for All” Dinner Celebration. Each year, we recognize their outstanding achievements and commitments to the community with an induction into the Builders Society.
This year, the celebration will take place on Wednesday, May 14th at the Garden City Hotel.
About the Builders Society:
The Builders Society was created to recognize and celebrate those individuals who have been and continue to be an integral part of the Touro Law Center Community. The Law Center was founded in 1980 in Manhattan, and moved to Huntington in 1982. In January of 2007, Touro Law Center moved into its new building located on a campus working with and adjacent to both the federal and state court houses in Central Islip. This new location has enabled Touro Law to expand the classroom into the courtroom and broaden the spectrum of legal education today. Our innovative Court Collaborative program is thriving, our in-house clinics continue to help members of the surrounding communities and our William Randolph Hearst Public Advocacy Center is helping legal advocacy groups and those they serve. The Builders Society honors those individuals who have helped us to both develop and realize the dream of becoming a truly integrated law campus.
Inaugural Class of Touro Law Center's Builder's Society
- Dr. Bernard Lander (dec.) - Founder & First President of Touro College
- The Honorable Jacob D. Fuchsberg (dec.)
- Shirley G. Fuchsberg (dec.)
- Dean Emeritus Howard A. Glickstein - Touro Law Center
- Bruce K. Gould, Esq. '84 - Sunshine Publishers
- Harry Greenberg, Esq. '84 - Law Offices of Greenberg Burzichelli Greenberg P.C.
- Dr. Mark Hasten - Chairman - Touro College Board of Trustees
- Arthur Jaspan, Esq. - Jaspan Schlesinger, LLP
- The Honorable James J. Lack - New York State Court of Claims (ret.)
- The Honorable Kenneth P. LaValle '87 - New York State Senate
- Lawrence Newman, Esq. - Law Offices of Lawrence Newman
- Ronald Parr - The Parr Organization
- Barbara Salzman, Esq. '91 (dec.) - Barbara Salzman, P.C.
- The Honorable John Santucci - Queens County District Attorney (ret.)
- Lois Carter Schlissel, Esq. - Meyer, Suozzi, English & Klein, P.C.
- Barry M. Smolowitz, Esq. '84 - Law Offices of Barry M. Smolowitz
- Howard M. Stein, Esq. - Certilman Balin Adler & Hyman, LLP
- The Honorable Sol Wachtler - Former Chief Judge, New York State Court of Appeals
Past “Liberty and Justice For All” Honorees:
Dean John Bainbridge * - Touro Law Center
Professor Ilene Barshay '87 - Touro Law Center
Stanley Barshay - Merck & Co., Inc. (ret.)
Charles Clyne - H2M Group (ret)
Alan Fuchsberg, Esq. - The Jabob D. Fuchsberg Law Firm
Rosalind Fuchsberg Kaufman, Esq. - The Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Firm
Arthur Goldstein, Esq.* - Goldstein Rubinton Goldstein & DiFazio, P.C.
Honorable Leon Lazer - Touro Law Center
Melvin Ness - Touro College
Dean Lawrence Raful - Touro Law Center
Thomas Rosicki, Esq. '97 - Rosicki, Rosicki & Associates, P.C. and Sparkling Pointe
Thomas Santucci, Esq. '83 - Gateway Investments LLC
Sidney Siben, Esq.* - Siben & Siben
Christine Malafi ’91 – Suffolk County Attorney
Kathleen Rice ’91 – Nassau County District Attorney
Alan L. Fuchsberg, The Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Firm – Friend of Justice Award
Thomas Rosicki ’97, Rosicki, Rosicki & Associates – Paul S. Miller Award
John A. Danzi, Long Island Hotels– Friend of Justice Award
Philip Kerstein ’84, Pfizer, Inc. (ret.) – Paul S. Miller Award
Peter Goldsmith, LISTnet – Friend of Justice Award
Michael Kelly ’01, formerly of Pulte Homes of New York – Paul S. Miller Award
Rick Lazio, JP Morgan Chase & Co.
Howard A. Glickstein, Dean Emeritus, Touro Law Center
Ronald Parr, The Parr Organization
Harry P. Kamen, Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (ret.)
Sol Wachtler, Chief Judge, New York State Court of Appeals (ret.)
Steven Zelkowitz, Keyspan
Sheila L. Birnbaum, Skadden Arps Meagher Slate & Flom
Brendan Dugan, Formerly of European American Bank
David Saperstein, formerly of Metro Networks
John E. McWeeney, Jr., formerly of Fleet Bank
Paul S. Miller, Pfizer, Inc. (ret.)
Ed Silver, former Partner, Proskauer Rose LLP (dec.)