Follow us on
31st Annual Commencement Ceremony to Honor, Celebrate Class of 2013
Posted On May 2, 2013
Touro Law Center’s 2013 Commencement ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 26, 2013 at The New...
India Sneed Named a Presidential Management Fellow
Posted On May 1, 2013
Touro Law Center is proud to announce that India Sneed, part-time evening student who will graduate...
TLC-HEART Attorney Volunteer Michael Aronowsky to Receive NYSBA 2013 Presidents’ Pro Bono Service Award
Posted On April 30, 2013
Touro Law Center is pleased to announce that volunteer attorney Michael Aronowsky has been selected...
Project P.A.T.C.H. (Participatory Awareness Through Community Help) is a partnership between the Law Center, the Northport-East Northport School District, the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) Law Youth and Citizenship (LYC) program, and the New York State Education Department (SED). The purpose of LYC is to:
- Train teachers to use law-related education methodology;
- Develop and distribute law-related education materials for teachers;
- Involve attorneys and judges in educational programs, both in and out of the classroom; and
- Provide assistance to schools to teach students about the law and government and encourage active citizenship.
For more than 15 years, Touro Law has been working with the Northport-East Northport School District Project P.A.T.C.H. and has:
- Arranged for faculty members to teach in middle school and high school classes;
- Developed a library of age- and grade-appropriate law-related materials for use in high school classes;
- Created and hosted a virtual law library of cases and materials relevant to high school law courses on its website (including the text of the Constitution, selected United States Supreme Court opinions, summaries of major constitutional law cases, and a glossary of legal terms).