Follow us on
Touro Law Announces Two New Scholarships
Posted On December 11, 2014
Touro Law Center is pleased to announce two newly created $25,000 scholarships for Touro Law student...
Touro Law Receives $75K Grant from the Robin Hood Relief Fund
Posted On November 20, 2014
Touro Law Announces New Student Scholarships
Posted On November 19, 2014
Adding to more than $1M in new student scholarships raised over the past year, Touro Law Center Dean...
On the Docket
Touro Law has launched a weekly radio show called On the Docket. Each week law matters are discussed that relate to the Long Island community.
- Hurricane Sandy (aired 3/9/2014)
Guests Touro Law Professor Benjamin Rajotte and Jon Kaiman, New York Rising
- Legalizing Marijuana (aired 3/16/2014)
Guests Touro Law Professor Richard Klein and Dwight Merriam, Professor at University of Connecticut School of Law.
- Tax Laws (aired 3/23/2014)
Guests Touro Law Professor Dan Subotnik and tax experts Arnold Haskell, Tim Mulcahey, and Adam Rosenfeld from Baker Tilly Virchow and Krause.
- Veterans' and Servicemembers' Rights Show (aired 3/30/2014)
Guests Touro Law Associate Dean Kenneth Rosenblum and Touro Law student Paul Lipsky.
- Senior Citizens Rights (aired 4/6/2014)
Guest Touro Law Professor Denise Doty, director of the Senior Citizens Law Program.
- Health Care Decision Making (aired 4/13/2014)
Guests include Touro Law Distinguished Visiting Professor Ed Dauer and Clinical Director Marianne Artusio.
- Civil Rights (aired 4/20/2014)
Guests include Touro Law Dean Emeritus Howard Glickstein.
- Affordable Health Care (aired 4/27/2014)
Guests include with Adam Rosenfeld from Baker Tilly and Ed Dauer, Touro Law Distinguished Visiting Professor in Health Law & Policy
- Cybercrime (aired 5/4/2014)
Guests include Professor Jonathan Ezor and Professor Michelle Zakarin
- Problem Solving Court (aired 5/11/2014)
Guests include Professor Myra Berman and Suffolk County Supreme Court Judge Andrew A. Crecca
- Foreclosure Crisis (aired 5/18/2014)
Guests included Maria DeGennaro of Empire Justice and Melissa Greenberger, staff attorney of Touro Law's Mortgage and Foreclosure Clinic
- Bankruptcy Basics (aired 6/1/2014
Guest was Touro Law Professor Leif Rubinstein, head of the Bankruptcy Clinic
- Community Justice Center (aired 6/22/2014)
Guests included Touro Law Center's Director of the International Center for Post-Graduate Development Fred Rooney and Rosemarie Barnett, attorney at the Community Justice Center of Long Island
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) (aired 6/29/2014)
With guest Touro Law Professor Melissa Greenberger
- Family Law (aired 7/6/2014)
With Touro Law Family Law Professors Lewis Silverman and Danielle Schwager
- Landlord/Tenant Issues (aired 7/13/2014)
With guest Suffolk County District Court Judge Stephen Ukeiley
- Religion and the Law (aired 7/20/2014)
Guests include Touro Law Professors Lawrence Raful and Thomas Schweitzer
- Integrative Law (aired 7/27/2014)
Guests include Touro Law Professor Marjorie Silver as well as Kim Wright and Latonia Early
- Technology Case Riley v. California (aired 8/3/2014)
Guest Touro Law Professor Michelle Zakarin
- The Garden City Housing Decision (aired 8/10/2014)
Guest Fred Brewington, Esq. of Frederick Brewington Law Offices
- Prisons and Policing (aired 8/17/2014)
With guests Amol Sinha of the New York Civil Liberties Union and Touro Law Professor Richard Klein
- Disaster Relief Law (aired 8/24/2014)
With guests Disaster Relief Clinic Staff Attorney Melissa Luckman and Founder of CCI Advocates, Inc. Scott Primiano
- Special Education Law (aired 8/31/2014)
Guests include Senior Attorney Ed Nitkewicz and Supervising Attorney at Long Island Advocacy Center, Inc. Eilleen Buckley
- Legal Services for the Community (aired 9/7/2014)
Guests Bill Ferris, of counsel to the firm, Bracken Margolin Besunder LLP, and Touro Law Professor Lynne Kramer
- Immigration (aired 9/14/2014)
Guest David Sperling, Esq., founder of David M. Sperling & Associates
- Health Law and Policy (aired 9/21/2014)
Guest Edward Dauer, Professor of Law and Dean Emeritus, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Brothers of the Blacklist – A Documentary (aired 9/28/2014)
Guest Scott Fein, Partner at Whiteman, Osterman & Hanna LLP
- Voting Rights (aired 10/5/2014)
Guest Benjamin E. Griffith, partner in the Cleveland, Mississippi law firm of Griffith & Griffith