Created in 2007 to help connect current Touro Law Center students with alumni, the Alumni Council has built a network of more than 200 volunteers who help students in a number of different areas, from Admissions and Career Services to Student Organizations.
As a Council member, you may participate as much as you like, as often as you like and:
- Are automatically enrolled in the Alumni Association.
- Choose your area(s) of participation from those described below.
- Receive special recognition at the Annual Winter Alumni Reception.
- Will be notified of upcoming programs and events in need of volunteers
As a Council Member, you may choose to:
Assist with Admissions
- Phone accepted students (March through August)
- Meet with incoming students
- Attend Accepted Student Receptions (February through April)
- Attend recruitment events in your area (if applicable)
- Attend Orientation Welcome Reception
Assist Career Services
- Mentor Program
- Participate in Alumni Roundtable sessions with students at the school
- Dress for Success Workshops
- Mock Interviews
- Join the Career Advisory Network
- Other programs/event/workshops
Assist Student Organizations
- Serve as an alumni resource for a student organization
- Serve as a judge for competitions
- Participate as a guest speaker for student programs
Alumni Council Members also have volunteered to participate in:
- Bainbridge Moot Court Competition
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Society’s Negotiation and Client Counseling Competitions.
- Professor’s Oral Arguments
- Regional Client Counseling Competition