Throughout law school and your professional career, you must communicate with clarity and precision. The Writing Center helps law students strengthen their writing skills via:
- Individual Tutorials. Available by appointment, tutorials emphasize professional-level writing skills that include self-editing and revision, as well as word choice, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Pre-Publication Consultation. We offer editing advice on manuscripts that are being prepared for publication.
- Small-Group Workshops. Students learn and apply techniques for effective writing.
- Online Access. Students may e-mail questions concerning writing assignments or personal writing projects, as well as schedule appointments at any time.
Under the direction of Ann L. Nowak, Esq., the Writing Center’s staff of Teaching Assistants – upper-level students who have demonstrated excellence in writing as well as in legal studies – help students learn how to create and complete a well-honed work product in which they can take pride.
There is a limit to what Writing Center TAs may offer, however:
- The Writing Center staff does not proofread or copyedit work. The Writing Center staff does not "correct" papers.
- The Writing Center staff does not discuss substantive issues in work students will hand in for a class.
For further information, email us or call 631.761.7182.
Touro Law Center Campus
225 Eastview Drive/Room 418
Central Islip, NY 11722