3+1 Degree Program with Touro Graduate School of Business
J.D./M.B.A. Touro Graduate School of Business
The dual-degree JD/MBA program allows the student to focus on law school and then acquire the skills needed to advance in the business of law, in areas such as solo practitioner, corporate law, and partner in a larger legal firm.
Law School students complete a business specialization: 12 credits of business-related courses already part of the Touro Law Center curriculum and offered at the campus in Central Islip. For students enrolling in this program, the Graduate School of Business application fee and the GMAT requirement is waived. For applicants with an undergraduate degree in business, the six-credit Graduate Business Preparatory Course is also waived. After graduating from Touro Law, students spend a year at the Touro Graduate School of Business, acquiring 30 additional credits in the MBA curriculum.
The MBA portion of the Touro JD/MBA is a 30-credit program normally completed within a year.
Students required to take the Graduate Business Preparatory Course generally need to enroll for
an additional semester, and thus complete the MBA portion in a year-and-a-half.
- LAWN 712 Accounting for Lawyers
- LAWN877 Bankruptcy Law
- LAWN 770 Business Organizations I
- LAWN 771 Business Organizations II
- LAWN 664 Corporate Finance
- LAWN 817 Cyberlaw
- LAWN743 Drafting Commercial Documents
- LAWN777 Employment Law
- LAWN 870 Entrepreneurship & the Law
- LAWN668 Fintech Law
- LAWN 983 Healthcare Law
- LAWN 696 Interviewing, Negotiating & Counseling
- LAWN538 Mergers and Acquisitions
- LAWN745 Sales
- LAWN748 Secured Transactions
- LAWN 659 Selected Topics in Corporate Law
- LAWN 851 Small Business and Not-for-Profit Corporation Clinic