Or click Here
1. Tickets for the Commencement Ceremony on Sunday, May 22, 2022 will be available for pickup beginning on Wednesday, May 4, 2022 from the Administration Office in Room 404. If you are not able to come to the Law Center, we will mail your tickets. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 13th if you want your tickets mailed and provide the address.
2. Caps, gowns, and hoods are expected to be delivered during the week of May 9th. An email will be sent to graduates once they arrive. If you do not pick up your cap, gown, and hood from the Law Center, we will bring them to the Commencement Ceremony.
3. The caps, gowns, and hoods for guest hooders will be at the Tilles Center in the Robing Room. Guest Hooders are expected to arrive at the Tilles Center no later than 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 22. There is a $65.00 fee for any student having a guest hooder. There is no fee if a faculty member or administrator is hooding a graduate. The check should be made payable to: Touro Law Center and can be brought to Room 404 when the graduate picks up their cap, gown, and hood.
4. We will have a photographer at the Law Center in the Faculty Conference Room (room next to the cafeteria) to take formal graduation pictures and headshots of the graduates on:
Sunday, May 15, 2022 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Monday, May 16, 2022 2:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The Law Center is hosting this photo session at no charge. Pictures will be emailed to you. There are no make-up dates.
The Touro Law Center Commencement Exercises
Sunday, May 22, 2022
Tilles Center for the Performing Arts
720 Northern Blvd., Brookville, NY Phone: 516-299-3100
New York State Attorney General Letitia James
- Graduates must report to the Tilles Center Main Entrance, no later than 1:45 p.m. on Sunday, May 22, 2022.
- Doors to the Tilles Center will open for Guests at 1:45 p.m. Tilles Center personnel will be available to assist disabled guests with entrance to the theater and appropriate seating.
While the Tilles Center is currently not requiring proof of vaccination, Touro University requires proof of vaccination or, if a person is not fully vaccinated or has an exemption, they must present a negative PCR test result within 48 hours prior to the Commencement Ceremony. There will be a table where guests will need to check in to receive a wristband before entering the theater. Everyone is encouraged to wear a mask during the Commencement Ceremony.
Touro IDs will be accepted for students/faculty/staff to prove vaccination status and enter the Tilles Center. This will be the most efficient way to secure your wristband to enter. We encourage you to wear your Touro Law ID to commencement.
- A Touro Law Center Information Table in the lobby of the Tilles Center will be staffed with graduation volunteers who will be able to direct students and guests.
- Faculty Marshals will assist with organizing the student procession. Your cooperation is needed and will be greatly appreciated so the student procession will be orderly and ready to enter the theater on time.
- The Commencement Exercises will begin at 2:30 p.m. - sharp. It is your responsibility to be in place in the line of march no later than 2:00 p.m. ready to enter the hall precisely at 2:30 p.m.
- Academic Attire: All graduates wear the Touro Law Center cap and gown. The hood will be carried over the left arm until the appropriate time in the ceremony when graduates are hooded. Students graduating with honors wear gold honor cords. (No other cords or stoles are permitted during the Commencement Ceremony.) You must have your cap, gown and hood with you. Hairpins are helpful to hold caps in place. Please have family members take charge of personal items, handbags, etc. Attire appropriate for the occasion is requested. Graduation gowns can be exceptionally warm on a hot day – graduates may be more comfortable without suit jackets.
- Professional photographs will be taken of each graduate during the ceremony. You will be sent proofs of your individual and class pictures for purchase. (Class photograph will be a composite of individual graduate, faculty, and administration photographs). We request that family or friends taking pictures do not approach the stage area.
Island Photography, Phone: 516-767-1234, Website: www.islandphoto.com.
While we encourage the enthusiastic support of family and friends, graduates and their guests are expected to respect the solemnity and dignity of the occasion. Behavior that detracts from the ceremony will not be tolerated. We respectfully request that air horns not be brought into the theater. The noise interrupts and prolongs the ceremony and denies other graduates and their families the joy of hearing names announced. Violators of this request will be asked to leave the theater.
The Commencement Ceremony
Please pay close attention to Graduation coordinators and volunteers for directions.
- The Commencement Herald will give directions to stand, be seated, etc.
- Faculty Marshals lead the student portion of the Academic Procession into the theater. Graduates are directed to their seats in the center front of the auditorium.
- Graduates remain standing while the Academic Procession of Administrators, Faculty and Honored Guests enters the auditorium and ascends the stage.
The Commencement Exercises are declared open and all are asked to rise for the National Anthem and to remain standing for the Invocation.
Speakers will deliver their remarks. After the speeches:
- Groups of graduates will be presented by degree and completion date to Touro University President, Dr. Alan Kadish, for confirmation of the successful completion of degree requirements.
- Graduates will stand when their group is called and approach the stage at the direction of graduation coordinators:
- December 2021 JD Graduates
- May 2022 JD Graduates
- Upon ascending the stairs to the stage, graduates names will be announced from the stage.
- Graduates will cross to stage right to be hooded and photographed with their hooder.
- Graduates will continue to stage right where a photograph will be taken with the Dean.
- Graduates will descend the steps for another photograph.
- Graduates will then return to their seats.
- Faculty Marshals will rejoin their graduate groups and the Commencement Exercises will be declared closed.
- The Academic Procession of Administrators, Faculty and honored guests will leave the hall followed by the graduates.
- There will be a Post-Commencement Reception with pre-packaged cookies and refreshments in the Atrium of the Tilles Center.
What if graduation requirements are not complete by May 22nd (the date of the Commencement Ceremony)?
All May 2022 graduates participating in the Commencement Ceremony are only considered to be candidates for graduation. Diplomas are not distributed at the ceremony. All requirements must be complete by the degree conferral date – June 7, 2022.
May 2022 Valedictorians, Salutatorians, and Honor Graduates will be determined by December 2021 cumulative GPAs. Graduates earning these honors will wear gold honor cords as part of their academic attire for the ceremony and their names will be included on a page in the Commencement Program.
G.P.A requirements for Graduation Honors are:
Cum Laude 3.533 – 3.732
Magna Cum Laude 3.733 – 3.932
Summa Cum Laude 3.933 and above
Professors are required to submit final grades for graduating students by Friday, June 3, 2022.
Degrees for May 2022 graduates will be conferred on June 7, 2022. Immediately following the entry of degree information into the academic records system, diplomas will be ordered. It takes approximately 6 weeks for diplomas to be printed and mailed to graduates. Graduates will be notified, via Touro email, when degrees are conferred and diplomas have been ordered.